Model Railway Exhibitions Calendar:
Sat 17th - Sun 18th August 2019
Hornby Visitor Centre,
Westwood Industrial Estate, Margate, Kent CT9 4JX
OPENING TIMES: SAT 10am - 4pm, SUN 10am - 4pm
Following Hornby Hobbies' recent move back to the Margate factory, we are keen to share Hornby's wonderful Heritage and facilities with our collectors and customers this summer! to celebrate our newly refurbished Hornby Visitors Centre we plan to celebrate with an open weekend event!|
Some exciting things to expect include:
- Get up close to full size steam locos 'Bittern' and a 'Black 5'. be amongst the first to see the early exhibits of the One:One Collection, as the museum at Margate begins to take shape, including a range of Steam Trains, Coaches and Wagons.
- Walk through our refurbished Visitor Centre.
- View numerous Model Railway Exhibits/layouts located in the former factory where many products were designed and made.
- Indulge and enjoy a summer BBQ and hog roast.
- be entertained by the model railway editors attending, historic videos and films
- Get to meet the Hornby stars of the BBC TV Series - James May's Big Trouble in model Britain
- Talk to our design and development team as they explain how models are made.
Tickets are limited so you'd better be quick! This is a summer event you will not want to miss out on! Also, booking in advance gives you early access to the event at 9:30am. Normal entry opens at 10am.
There are lots more exciting announcements to come, so please make sure you follow us on Social media for the latest news!
Info Last Updated : 28th May 2019
Back to top of page
Please note: If you are travelling a long distance it may be worth checking ahead to confirm event dates and times. THE UK Model Shop Directory have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information however, no liability is accepted for any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind incurred as a result of reliance on the information or opinions provided.