2017-07-29 10:00:002017-07-30 17:00:00Europe/LondonBlyth and Tyne Model Railway Society - Railex North East 2017Welcome to Rail Ex North East 2017 organised by the Blyth & Tyne Model Railway Society. This is our 49th show we have organised and the 1st at the John Spence Community High School.John Spence Community High School, Preston Road, North Shields, Tyne and Wear NE29 9PUBlyth and Tyne Model Railway SocietyBlyth and Tyne Model Railway Society - Railex North East 2017
Sat 29th July 2017 - Sun 30th July 2017
John Spence Community High School,
Preston Road, North Shields, Tyne and Wear NE29 9PU
OPENING TIMES: SAT 10am - 5pm, SUN 10am - 4pm ADMISSION:
Welcome to Rail Ex North East 2017 organised by the Blyth & Tyne Model Railway Society. This is our 49th show we have organised and the 1st at the John Spence Community High School.
As regular visitors to the exhibition will be aware, we have continuously been trying to improve the quality of the layouts which are on display each year. It is therefore pleasing to hear the comments from visitors’ that it is something we have been accomplishing. Hopefully we have achieved the same standard or improved again this year.
This year the Exhibition will be officially opened by David Bavaird, Chairman of North Shields Chamber of Trade. We will have up to 40 layouts, representing layouts with a British theme and layouts from around the world ranging from N to O Gauge. We hope they will cover an area that is of particular interest to you or show you something out of the ordinary that will inspire you in your latest modelling project.
We also have 14 Demonstrations, covering most aspects of modelling and displays in Meccano. Also this year we have numerous layouts and demonstrations showing the latest technology in Model Railways - Digital Command Control (DCC). Please take your time to visit all parts of the Exhibition, and ask the exhibitors as many questions as you like. We also have a fine array of Local and National Trade support this year, supplying the railway modeller with just about everything they need, so please give them your support.
We will also have a modelling area for all children sponsored by Smart Models. All children will be able to construct a free card building and be able to take it home with them. We respectfully ask all parents to assist in the supervision of their children during this task.
This year we have our usual Tombola. This way you get your prizes straight away. There are many fine prizes this year including Loco’s donated by Hornby and Dapol. So please stop by admire the prizes and buy a ticket or two. There is also our usual stand of used magazines available for a donation.
Special thanks must go to the John Spence Team for their invaluable support in helping us arrange this exhibition at the business park and to Booklaw Publications for their continued support.
Also thanks must go to all the Exhibitors for supporting the show and the Traders for their continued support in the programme and the show.
Once again we hope you have an enjoyable time at the exhibition and we look forward to welcoming you to our new venue.
Nearest Metro North Shields then Go North-East Bus service 11 to Preston Grange.
List of Traders Attending :
List of Layouts Attending :
1) the Junction Box
2) Book Law
3) Hobby Holidays
6) Alexander Models
7) Ten Commandments
8) North Road Trains
9) Layouts 4u
10) Smart Models
11) Durham Trains of Stanley
12) DCC Supplies Unconfirmed
13) Squires Tools
14) Adm Turntables
15) Model Railway Signs Unconfirmed
16) Grosmont Bookshop
18) TTC Diecast Loughborough Model Centre
19) High Level Kits
20) Stoneybridge Structures
21) P & D Marsh
22) Legoman Biffo DCC Sounds
23) Northumbrian Painting Services
24) Culcheth Models
25) Models Books and Games
Z - N Gauge.
1) Woodhead BR 1950-1970s 4.8mx2.5m Viewing Front
2) Bettws Road GWR 1930s 2.5mx2m Front Only
3) Marsh Chipping 1960s Ngauge 4mx2m Front Only
4) Tate Street Yard - BR 1970's 1.5m x 0.5m
5) Donalds - 1.8m x 1m Front Only
6) Hayling Island BR 1950s-60s 3mx1.5m Front Only
3mm - HO Gauge.
1) Menabrea Italian 4m x 1.5m Front Only
2) Campo De Leste - Portuguese 1998/2000 6m x 3m Front Only
3) Bad Kleinstadt - German 5.5m x 1m Front Only
4) Zurick Strasse - German 3.5m x 1m Front Only
5) Perrapswill - Swiss 5.5m x 2.5m
6) Pine Ridge - American 2m x 1m Front Only
9mm - 4mm/ft (OO9)
1) Llantrevelyn 1.8mx 1.2m Front Only
2) Canalside Ironworks 3.66m x 2.76m Front Only
Em - P4 - S4.
1) Calcutta Sidings P4 1991 15.85mx5.2m Front Only But Can Have Side Viewing Too.
2) Middle Peak BR(M) 1950/60's 2mx2m Front Only
3) Stop Gap 1930s NER 6mx1.5m Front Only
4) Seahouses 5mx1.5m Front Only
1) Lomond Street Mid 1980s Depot 3mx2m Viewing Front Only
2) Fenchurch St Peter 1967 East Anglia 7.3mx2m Front Only
3) 00 Live Steam 7mx4m View Front and Left Or Front and Right
4) New Bryford 5.5m x 3m North West England 2011-Present Day Front Only
5) Cement Quay - BR(W) 1970's.
6) Thorpe Thewles - LNER 1930's 8m x 3m Front Only
7) Girnigoes End - 3m x 1m
8) Havantacloo - Present Day & Heritage Railway 10m x 2.5m
9) Hazelbury Yard - Hump Yard 1960/70's 6m x 1.5m
10) Heavy Traffic 2m X1.5m Front Only
1) Durham Road TMD Diesel Depot 7mx2.5m Viewing Front Only
2) Saltdean 1885 LBSCR 8mx1.6m Front Only
3) Scratchy Bottom Cambrian 1900-1923 5.8mx1m Front Only
4) Lough MPD 8.6m x 2.1m 1950-1965 Front Only
List of Demonstrations :
List of Other Displays :
1) Peter Stanger ?' 4mm Loco Building
2) 2mm Scale Association Road Show
3) EM Gauge Society
5) Slide Show by Dave Dunn
6) Building N & OO Buildings by Brian Taylor
7) Childrens Modelling Area
8) Bachmann Europe PLC
9) North East Finescale Group
10) NER Coal Staiths
11) Model Rail ?' Scotland
12) Lees Locos
13) Weathering by 7mm Wagon Works
1) Club Information, Magazines and Second Hand stall
3) NHS Bowel Screening service near Entrance door
Please note: If you are travelling a long distance it may be worth checking ahead to confirm event dates and times. THE UK Model Shop Directory have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information however, no liability is accepted for any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind incurred as a result of reliance on the information or opinions provided.
This page last updated on 4 April, 2017
Developed by Modellers • Supported by Modellers • For Modellers