2017-04-29 10:00:002017-04-29 17:00:00Europe/LondonSouthport Model Railway Society - Southport Model Railway ExhibitionThe Spring Show aimed at established modellers presented by Southport Model Railway Society.All Saints Church Hall, Park Road, Southport, Merseyside PR9 9JBSouthport Model Railway Society
Southport Model Railway Society - Southport Model Railway Exhibition
Sat 29th April 2017
All Saints Church Hall,
Park Road, Southport, Merseyside PR9 9JB
OPENING TIMES: SAT 10am to 1630pm ADMISSION:
The Spring Show aimed at established modellers presented by Southport Model Railway Society.
Buoyed by the successful pre-Christmas family train show, members of Southport Model Railway Society are busily planning their next show which will take place from 1000 until 1630 on Saturday 29th April, at All Saints Church Hall on Park Road, at the junction with Rawlinson Road.
There will be 14 layouts, each of outstanding quality. This time, the club will be presenting exhibits of especial interest to the more established model railway enthusiast with layouts depicting railways in settings varying from Wales to Japan.
It is definitely something for Grandsons and Granddaughters to drag their parents and grandparents to, for there will be lots to see, with the emphasis on how railways work. This includes a hands-on shunting layout, a computer controlled model of a loco fuelling depot and a model of a fully operational traditional interlocked signal box. and for those with money to spend, the club will be running a very well-stocked secondhand stall.
Layout co-ordinator Terry Tasker has scoured the UK to find the very best “small but perfectly formed” layouts to squeeze into the Hall and Club Chairman Mike Sharples says that when the Club decided to discontinue their large popular Autumn weekend Shows they went back to first principles by running a family show before Christmas which was such a huge success that they are following it with a Spring show for more established modellers.
List of Traders Attending :
List of Layouts Attending :
This Year, Limited Space Has Precluded Us from Inviting Any External Traders But the Club Stall Has an Immense amount of Quality Stock, All of Which Needs to be Sold. Hence There Will be A Club Sales Stand "To Die For".
1. - Fable Wood Or Coed Y Chwedlau A Welsh Narrow Gauge Railway OO9 by David Hennessy from Rainhill MRC and the OO9 Society
2. - Sortem by John Essex - A Hands on Shunting Puzzle in 00 Gauge 4mm / FT That Can Have 2 Users Each Sorting Out and Putting Their 9 Trucks in the Right Order.
3. - New Mills A 1960s N Gauge Layout by Bruce Garwood
4. - Cannonbury Modern Image N Gauge Layout by Bruce Garwood
5. - South West Lancs Light Railway an English Narrow Gauge Railway by Stan Williams in OO9
6. - Llanrug A Welsh Narrow Gauge Railway by Stan Williams in OO9
7. - Tetfield Under Bolt A West of England Layout by Bob Rowlandsin N Gauge
8. - Midhurst A 4mm Finescale Signalling Demonstrator Railway by Tony Bates Which Demonstrates How Signals Work in Controlling Traffic Movements Over A Certain Area Showing Various Signals and Their Operation.
9. - Leigh Bridge by Craig Holt- A 4mm Fuelling Point in Midlands Featuring DCC
10. - Hironocho A Japanese Layout in N Gauge by Peter Dibben
11. - Untermutten Swiss HOm 12mm Dave Howsam
12. - Old Fart Siding 00 Mike Eydmann Early Diesel Era
13. - Boxley Sidings 00 Mike Eydmann Early Diesel Era
14. - the Sidings OO, DCC, Contemporary Loco Stabling Point. Nick Gurney
List of Demonstrations :
A number of our exhibitors are bringing layouts which hands on experience for visitors.
Please note: If you are travelling a long distance it may be worth checking ahead to confirm event dates and times. THE UK Model Shop Directory have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information however, no liability is accepted for any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind incurred as a result of reliance on the information or opinions provided.
This page last updated on 4 April, 2017
Developed by Modellers • Supported by Modellers • For Modellers